Curly Kids, Clueless Moms
The other day as I flipped through a copy of Behind The Chair Magazine, I came across a great article titled “curly kids, clueless moms”. I thought it had some great tips for moms or anyone that has curly hair or kids with curly hair that just don’t know what to do with it, so I decided to share!
- Don’t be intimidated by conditioner. People with fine hair sometimes don’t understand how much conditioning curly hair requires. Shampoo less frequently, once or twice a week is plenty, and condition liberally. Enjoy collection contains several products that are great for curls; styling oils like Moroccanoil are also excellent.
2. For girls, learn how to braid to control frizz. The best way to learn is to find a mom who is experienced with curly hair or ask for a tutorial at your salon.
3. Another great way to “set” curly girls’ hair is to simply apply a gel or lotion created for curly textures, such as Enjoy shaping lotion, while the hair is still wet, then create sections, divide the sections in half, twist and go!
4. For boys, keep the hair short – it’s easiest!
5. Forget relaxers, they’re not suitable for kids and with all of the great products and techniques available, they’re not necessary.
6. Curly hair is expensive hair, so when your daughter becomes a teen, tell her that its time to get a job!
7. When it comes to products, you will have to experiment. Hair types vary widely, so expect to try a variety of formulas and combinations to come up with the best solutions for your kid’s curls. If you feel lost, ask your stylist! They can point you in the right direction.
Tags: Curly Hair